This creamy, comforting drink is made of ingredients that have been shown to promote a good night’s sleep. It is one of my favorites in cold winter months. My Golden Milk blend (also known as Turmeric Tea) blends turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, and a little black pepper. All spices are organic and Fair Trade.
- Ginger: Calms the stomach and promotes relaxation. Some studies suggest ginger can help reduce anxiety.
- Cardamom: Anti-spasmodic, Anti-inflammatory Properties, and fights depression.
- Turmeric: Aids digestion and has calming properties, which lead to sounder sleep. If you have aches and pains, golden milk for joints is a popular remedy, as it is anti-inflammatory too.
- Cinnamon: Similar to turmeric and ginger, cinnamon also helps with digestion (and it’s a delicious pairing with the other ingredients).
- Black Peppercorns: Freshly ground and added to make turmeric highly bioavailable.
Directions: Makes 3/4 Cup
Put one teaspoon of the spices into pot and add a few tablespoons of the milk (or milk substitute). Heat on low and mix into a paste. Add the remaining milk and bring to a low simmer. Add honey to taste (1/2-1tsp) and enjoy!
When adding honey into hot beverages, it must be cooled to 108 degrees or below to maintain the honeys medicinal benefits.
Order this soothing drink with honey for when your on the go! Just mix with warm milk, add into a smoothie, added to overnight oats, and add into coffee!
NetWt. 2.82oz (80g)
Follow Us On Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sweettsapothecary/